- Scope of the Policy
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Store and Protect your Information
- Your Rights and Choice Regarding Your Data
- Third Party Links and Behavioral Tracking
- Children’s Data
- Contact Us
1. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
This policy applies to all visitors to this Website and all of MASA Global, et. al websites and services, including any apps, websites, features, and other services. Please remember that your use of this website is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you provide information on our Website, such as your name, telephone number, address, or other personal information, we collect that information.
When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Website
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies.
We collect information using “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Website, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the Website.
MASA also collects some anonymous information each time you visit the Website so we can improve the overall quality of your online experience. We collect your IP address, referral data, browser, and platform type. You do not have to register with MASA before we can collect this anonymous information. We do not collect any unique information about you (such as your name, email address, etc.) except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information.
If you request more information on a policy or an application, we will collect your personal information only so that we can get you the information you have requested. Like most standard Website servers, we use log files to collect and store this anonymous user information. We analyze this information to examine trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. MASA may present links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of the Website.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the Website; and
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
Communicate With You.
We may use the information we collect from you to provide you additional information on goods or services that you have requested including emergency ground ambulance coverage, emergency air ambulance coverage, repatriation, hospital near home coverage, vehicle and RV return coverage, minor return transportation coverage and/or hospital visitor transportation coverage. This may include calls at the number you have provided or additional marketing communications by email.
Provide Customer Support.
We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Website; and
- Provide you support or respond to you.
Improve the Website.
We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Respond to Legal Proceedings and Obligations.Occasionally the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing With Third Parties for Business Purposes.
We may share aggregated general information about our site with our partners or others. The daily number of unique visitors, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Aggregated data does not contain any personal information that could be used to contact or identify you.
We may share your personal information to other companies or individuals in any of the following limited circumstances:
- MASA may use third party service providers to serve ads and emails on our behalf. These companies may use technologies to measure the effectiveness of ads and emails and use information about your visits to MASA so that we can provide a better experience to you. For this purpose, we may also provide these third-party service providers anonymous information about your site navigation. You can remove your email at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- We may share certain information about you with carefully selected business partners, including those who may offer services that complement those provided by us or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also disclose information to third parties who assist us in providing our services to you. For example, we may engage third parties to make improvements on our site, to offer new products and to allow us to customize your experience on the Site.
For Legal Reasons.
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third-parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
In Connection with a Sale or Merger.
We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
Otherwise With Your Consent.
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICE REGARDING YOUR DATA
Review and Request Changes.
If you would have to review and request changes of your personal information that has been collected by the Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Website.
You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Website.
“Do Not Track” Signals.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. We honor “Do Not Track” signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a “Do Not Track” browser mechanism is in place.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know.
You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete.
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
You have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so that we can process your request. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without legally required affirmative authorization.
You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights.
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using the following method:
E-mail: You may write to us to exercise rights. Please include your full name, residential address, e-mail address, and phone number, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Toll-Free Telephone Number: You may call us at (800) 643-9023 to exercise rights. Please include your full name, residential address, e-mail address, and phone number, along with why you are calling, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
NOTE: We may revise this privacy notice from time to time as implementing regulations further develop and come into effect.
C. Nevada Residents
Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Nevada residents have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we can process your request. We aim to respond to a consumer request for within 60 days of receiving that request.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND BEHAVIORAL TRACKING
Third Party Links.
We may include links or offers to third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the content and activities of these third-party sites.
Third Party Information Gathering.
8. CHILDREN’S DATA
To use the Website, you must be 18 years or older and have the power to enter into a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable laws; or 13 years or older and have your parent or guardian’s consent to the Agreement. The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and no person under the age of 13 may use the Website. If you use the Website, you are affirming that you are at least 13 years old.
We may update this policy from time to time as the Website changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online. When you use the Website, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.