MASA Worldwide Benefits:
Passport to Excellence
For more than three decades, Medical Air Services Association (MASA Assist) has sought to provide the best and most affordable prepaid emergency assistance services in the world... air ambulance transportation, return/repatriation transportation, mortal remains transport, vehicle return and much, much more.
MASA Worldwide Benefits, our newest company designed the "Passport to Excellence" to provide the perfect enhancement to your existing MASA Assist membership. As the industry pioneer, MASA Assist has become the vanguard of prepaid emergency assistance services, but even the best can get better. You now can possess the most comprehensive package of "peace of mind" benefits available anywhere in the world.
Passport to Excellence Benefits include:
- Medflash –
This is a USB flash drive that stores a member’s medical history. Designed to hang conveniently from a key chain, the information in the Emergency Medical Record (EMR) storage unit is immediately accessible by the treating physician or the member’s advocate in a medical crisis. If a member misplaces, loses, or even forgets the flash drive when traveling, there is no need to worry. At your request, MASA Worldwide Benefits can also access that information and communicate directly with your healthcare provider.
- Attorney Advisory Service –
Should a member need the services of an attorney while traveling domestically or in a foreign country, MASA Worldwide Benefits will help you locate a qualified English speaking professional to help you resolve your particular needs.
- Translation Services –
Should a member suffer a medical emergency in a foreign country; MASA WORLDWIDE BENEFITS will provide a qualified professional to translate concerns to medical personnel.
- Travel Advisor –
MASA Worldwide Benefits will provide current information about health and safety issues and political climate in the countries where the member plans to travel.
- Cash Advance –
In the event of a medical emergency, MASA WORLDWIDE BENEFITS will help a member secure cash (up to $50,000 US) in the required currency. Prearrangement for this service is required and proof of ability to reimburse these funds is necessary.
- Physician Search –
If a member suffers a medical emergency while traveling, MASA WORLDWIDE BENEFITS will help find an English-speaking physician capable of treating the member’s particular medical needs.
- Emergency Message Center –
MASA WORLDWIDE BENEFITS will aid in the transmission of emergency messages to family and business contacts.
- Peace of Mind PLUS –
Medical emergencies can and do happen when members travel. Should a member suffer an illness or injury that requires inpatient hospitalization or emergency medical evacuation, MASA Worldwide Benefits will provide travel advice, flight and schedule information and assistance with the purchase of tickets for airline flights, buses and trains. When medical emergencies happen in foreign countries they are far more difficult and even disastrous. MASA Worldwide Benefits pledges its help whether you require an emergency visa, retrieving luggage that had to be left behind, returning a stranded pet or any other of a myriad of problems that can arise in an emergency. MASA Worldwide Benefits will use its best efforts to resolve the problems and ease the worry so the member’s focus can be on what is most importantâ€”getting well and getting home.
1. Medflash is a ConnectYX Technologies product and is solely responsible to the member for the provision of all services and/or products pursuant to the written terms and conditions provided with the Medflash unit. Member has the sole discretion to grant MASA Assist access to member’s medical history file maintained with Medflash. If granted, MASA Assist shall abide by all applicable HIPAA Guidelines.
2. MASA Worldwide Benefits is not responsible for any advice, opinion or recommendation rendered by any attorney or physician to a member.
3. Attorney Advisory Service, Translation Services, Cash Advance, Travel Advisor, Physician Search, Emergency Message Center and "Peace of Mind Plus" Concierge Service are provided by MASA Worldwide Benefits to a member traveling more than one-hundred (100) miles from their permanent residence.
4. All MASA Worldwide Benefit services are provided on a best efforts basis. Travel to certain foreign countries can limit or prevent the availability of services. All services are subject to the laws, regulations and procedures of the foreign jurisdiction in which you are traveling.
Click here to download pdf of MASA Worldwide Benefits "Passport to Excellence" brochure.